PIC - Proxy IRC Chat
A minimalist GUI Windows IRC Client with the ability to connect through proxies. Built out of necessity. PIC has transparency options and and a light intuitive, tab based, interface.
- Supports Socks4 and Socks4a proxies
- Maintains and keeps score of a list of HTTP proxies. Supports importing of formatted proxy lists made by Proxy Tester
- Custom replacements (nesting only supported on the beta version)
- Templates to save nicks, servers, and connection preferences
- Channel List (although manual /LIST and /JOIN commands)
- Stay on top and adjustable transparency
- Flash / beep on incoming chat
- Open source
- Save chat to file
- Always ON raw ASCII log
- Separate Status, Raw Log, and channel history length constraint controls
This project is still beta. It's likely most functionality works, although there may be a few bugs. Development is still being done in a beta way, where new builds may introduce new bugs when first posted, so check the News regularly.
Should work on Windows 98 (although transparancy will be disabled)
MD5 Sum: 86859357ffe295acaae1ffc2545210c3
Compressed via UPX v 2.3.0 (http://upx.sf.net) down from 928 KB.
Source Code: PIC_1_2_1_5_beta_SourceCode.zip (93 KB)
MD5 Sum: d0538fff41d23d6cad727486e6fc1b6b
Version 1.2 HistoryAll ver 1.2 exe's are compressed via UPX v 2.3.0 (http://upx.sf.net).
- Build 5: Added: Descriptive QUIT messages. Clicking channel's name in channel list joins. /ME action replacement. Special character escape for replacements. Replacements are now processed Recursively. Config files reorganized. Fixed selected template on startup. Fixed to throw you to the status tab for error or to proper tab for new channel. Fixed packet processing flaw that messed up channel list user counts.
- Build 4: Redone chat text handling to be more versatile and efficient. Insert special character added. Nick and channel name on title bar. Channel poster's nick is bold, but other text formatting is temporarily lost (ACTION's not bold anymore for now). Auto scroll when the chat window is scrolled to bottom. Many small things fixed.
PIC.exe (324 KB) Version 184.108.40.206 (beta)
MD5 Sum: f2db4d03a1b387e4a313a06a099cd2c3
PIC_1_2_1_4_beta_SourceCode.zip (88 KB)No longer has unneeded MAP file.
MD5 Sum: 1044fa72156442234b73026fe5aff2fc
- Build 2: Adds the ability to specify the parameters to the USER login command. Adding User, Real Name, and Mode in addition to just Nick in the login template page. Your saved template info should be imported, although you will need to specify these new parameters. If any of these parameters are blank PIC will assume you want to manual send the USER and NICK login commands.
PIC.exe (318 KB) Version 220.127.116.11 (beta)
MD5 Sum: 7b905d02042f3e0c4bd781d724e5881d
PIC_1_2_1_2_beta_SourceCode.zip (216 KB)
MD5 Sum: 5c41adf46fb7fbe0020eb19536a0ccf8
- Build 1: Seems to be missing some QUIT/POST's. User list updates still annoy you when your scrolling the user list. Performance issues have arose now that the text is parsed, so reasonable history limits are added as default for Status and Raw Log. Sends PART when closing PRIVMSG tab. Some other little stuff.
PIC.exe (317 KB) Version 18.104.22.168 (beta)
MD5 Sum: fdd006fc6da7515d8c53e543d039802f
PIC_1_2_1_1_beta_SourceCode.zip (215 KB)
MD5 Sum: e3d2010a9433eece207eaaba15f8065c
Version 1.1 History
- Build 65: Crash bug fix (on proxy connect failure).
Download PIC Build 65 - PICb65.zip 379KB (unzips to PIC.exe 787KB)
Download PIC Build 65 Source Code - PICb65_Source_Code.ZIP 64KB
- Build 64: Added Socks4/Socks4a proxy support. Input history. Upped the default ping time. Fixed crash on close while busy connecting.
PICb64.zip - PICb64_Source_Code.zip(Source zip possibly corrupt, fixing soon from backup)
- Build 60: Seperated proxy list from templates. Added interface for managing proxies (needs duplicate removing). Save chat to file.
PICb60.zip - PICb60_Source_Code.zip
PICb56.zip - PICb56_Source_Code.zip
PICb55.zip - PICb55_Source_Code.zip
PICb44.zip - PICb44_Source_Code.zip